At Trillium Law, PC, we provide expert employment law services to individuals facing wrongful termination, wage claims, and discrimination. We focus on advocating for our clients, supporting them through every step of the legal process.
Employment law is a broad area covering all areas of the employer/employee relationship except collective bargaining, which is called labor law. Employers in Oregon must comply with state law and federal law in many cases. These laws cover wages, pay rates, conditions of employment, hiring and firing, on-the-job injuries, safety in the workplace, leave time and many other parts of an employment relationship.
Specific areas within the broad category of employment law include:
- Employment discrimination (based on age, gender, race, national original, sexual orientation, disability)
- Unemployment compensation
- Unpaid wages
- Workplace safety
- Worker’s compensation for workplace injuries
- Family medical leave
- Sick leave
- Reasonable accommodation
- Retaliation for invoking or participating in the worker’s compensation system or complaints regarding discrimination
- Whistleblowing (reporting on actions of employer believe to violate the law)